Monday, July 9, 2007

The Birth of Ice Chat

For the last couple weeks I've been wrestling with starting a site dedicated to hockey news in general. I've got my Avalanche Talk site which I will most certainly put most of my writing efforts towards, but I often find that I've got one of those darn things called "opinions" on a lot of the happenings in the hockey world. The question I had was whether I would be able to devote enough time to keeping on top of things and I've come to the conclusion that I will.

The usual answer I give when somebody says "I don't have the time to do XYZ" is "No, you just don't want to allocate the time to it". So I gave myself a taste of my own medicine and decided that I will find time within my day to cover off some of the happenings in not just the NHL but the AHL, CHL (Canadian Hockey League, not Central) and possibly even some college and international stories if they are interesting enough. Heck, if there is a story about local hockey that I come across and find interesting, I'll put something up.

I haven't promoted this site much yet so I don't anticipate that too many people are reading this but to those who are, bookmark it or subscribe to the feed and I'll deliver some opinions for you to fire back on. I'll also be cleaning up the site a bit but for now, I've just given it a standard Blogger template to work on.

No comments: